Englewood Cliffs, NJ
-The Systems Architecture Team within the Client's Project Strategy Organization, has an opening for a Systems Architect.
-The successful candidate will report to the Director of Systems Architecture to plan the execution of projects related to Media QC & Editing, Master Control, TV Everywhere, VOD, Video Contribution and Distribution.
-Projects will have an emphasis on migrating to IT centric infrastructures involving video over IP, virtualization, and public cloud.
- Develop technology solutions through collaboration with operations and engineering staff.
- Plan long and short term infrastructure requirements for compute, storage, networking, video router I/O, rack space, power, etc.
- Lead technology portion of POC initiatives and evaluation of new equipment.
- Define the high level steps of projects across disciplines and oversee progress and transitions.
- Create high level documentation and work with staff and vendors who will be configuring newly built systems.
- Take part in budget planning & evaluations of project proposals.
- Support transition to operations & support teams as systems are brought online.
- Share best practices across multiple facilities.<.li>
- B.S. degree in an Engineering discipline, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- Broad understanding of broadcast television technologies from Post Production to Master Control & Distribution.
- Good understanding of infrastructure related to IP networks, digital video & MEP.
- Can view systems from high level concepts to in depth signal flow.
- Work well in a collaborative environment, understand and meet the needs of others.
- Ability to communicate details of complicated systems at a level appropriate detail to different audiences.,
- Ability to build conceptual diagrams of systems using MS Visio.
- Self-motivated independent worker with a positive and professional attitude.
- Strong written and verbal communications and reporting skills.
- Experience defining technical solutions designed to exceed 99.999% reliability.
- 5+ years Systems Integration experience with a demonstrated ability to complete multi-million dollar system integrations on time and on budget.
- Knowledge of Broadcast operations with a clear understanding of signal flow and the relationships between sub-systems.
- Ability to see technical systems from the perspective of operators and support engineers.
- Works to involves others throughout the design & build process to ensure smooth transition to operational state.
- Experience with creating/interfacing with relational databases.
- Understanding of data center design and deploying systems using virtualization (Cisco UCS, VMWare).